Illinois CSI Field Team Roles and Responsibilities
Assistant Directors, District Services
Under the direct supervision of the deputy director, the assistant directors of district services:
• Coordinate services to districts in one of Illinois's 10 statewide system of support areas .
• Oversee district assistance teams comprising district/network liaisons and improvement coaches, and supervise the services that teams provide to districts.
• Assist in designing and implementing statewide supports for districts receiving Focus or Priority services, and guide implementation of continuous improvement plans.
• Collaborate with other statewide system of support (SSoS) partners as required to align and coordinate services to districts.
Under the direct supervision of an assistant director of district services, the district/network liaisons:
• Coordinate and implement statewide supports for districts receiving Focus or Priority services.
• Lead district assistance teams in providing strategic coaching to districts to foster improvement and reduce or close achievement gaps.
• Analyze progress, identify service gaps and regional needs, and make recommendations for improvement.
• Conduct periodic reviews of SSoS services to determine their effectiveness.
Instructional Support Specialists
Under the supervision of the director for district resources, the instructional support specialists:
• Partner with district assistance teams to provide direct consultation to districts receiving Focus and Priority services based on specific identified needs.
• Create resources, tools, and professional development materials related to their individual fields of expertise that are aligned to the new Illinois State Standards incorporating the Common Core for Grades K–12.
• Develop specific content that incorporates successful strategies for supporting low-achieving subgroups relative to closing the achievement gap or addressing Illinois State Board of Education's (ISBE) emerging student achievement initiatives.
• Maintain close communication with the assistant director for partner services and with ISBE content area experts to help build statewide content consistency and integrated services.
District Assistance Team Members (Coaches)
With direction and support provided by the district/network liaison and the assistant director for district services, the district assistance team members:
• Supply direct support to ISBE-designated districts that qualify for Focus or Priority services.
• Work with district leadership teams to build their capacity and are involved in planning, implementing, and refining district improvement plans through the application of continuous improvement tools.
• Participate in and co-facilitate professional learning opportunities, conduct data analysis, provide technical assistance, and help to determine the effectiveness of Illinois CSI support programs.